What sort of qualities do you need to be a Resident Member?
Anyone who lives in Withernsea can be a Resident Steering Group member. There are no age restrictions and previous experience is unnecessary as support and training will be made available.
The Steering Group member will not personally gain materially or financially from their role and should be able to:
- Strive to act always in the best interests of the Withernsea community declaring any conflict of personal or professional interest
- Attend and actively participate in regular Steering Group meetings (typically one a month)
- Help out and support Big Local activities
- Listen and be accountable to local people, ensuring that local concerns are addressed and that solutions have local support
- Provide information and advice about day-to-day quality of life in the area
- Actively encourage people in the area to play their part in supporting Big Local and its activities
- Be committed to equal opportunities and inclusion
- Accept that there will be conflict and disagreements and be committed to address these in a constructive way.
- Reflect on achievements made and learn lessons for the future
- Recognise that change won’t happen overnight – it’s a long haul!