Community Link Worker vacancy readvertised with new closing date see below
Together for a brighter future
Post Title: Withernsea Big Local Community Link Worker
Period: Two Year Post Part time: 16 hours a week
Salary: £16K -18k pro-rata (based on experience)
This is a new post, integral to the operations of the Withernsea Big Local Partnership, supporting delivery of the Withernsea Big Local Plan 2017 – 2020 and achieving the Withernsea Big Local Vision.
The post holder will work closely with the Withernsea Big Local Development Officer in support of Withernsea Big Local Steering Group members and partners helping the community to bring about social change and improve residents’ quality of life.
The successful candidate will work with individuals, community groups, organisations and partners empowering them to:
• Identify community assets, needs, opportunities, rights and responsibilities;
• Plan what they want to achieve and take appropriate action;
• Develop projects, activities and services to generate aspiration and confidence.
Acting on behalf of the Withernsea Big Local Steering Group and partners, the two Withernsea Big Local workers create, support and develop community and strategic links, with the aim of:
• Addressing inequality by helping to establish, support and develop community led initiatives focused on the Withernsea Vision and Plan;
• Improving services and creating new opportunities;
• Making Withernsea a better place to live.
The successful candidate will be employed by SHoRes, accountable to the Withernsea Big Local Steering Group and supervised by the Withernsea Big Local Development Officer.
For more information about Big Local please go to:
To request an application pack, contact: Jayne Nendick, Chief Officer, SHoRes.
Email: email@example.com or telephone: 01964 615190
For informal discussion, please contact: Tricia Read, Strategic Development Officer.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01964 615190
Closing date: 9.00 a.m. 9th April 2018
Interviews: To be held on 24th April 2018