The Big Local Plan Review June 2016 – May 2017
This Plan Review covers Withernsea Big Local activity for the period 19th May 2016 to 31st May 2017; this is the second year of the two year Withernsea Big Local Plan endorsed by Local Trust in May 2015.
Here is the link to the Plan Review: http://www.withernseabiglocal.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/PlanReviewFINAL_May2017.pdf
Here is the link to Withernsea Big Local Plan 19th May 2015 to 31st May 2017: http://www.withernseabiglocal.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/BLW-Community-Plan-LOW-RES-Approved-16.4.15.pdf
This review should be read alongside the review of the first year’s activity submitted in April 2016 and the Withernsea Big Local Annual Report tabled at the Annual General Meeting on the 20th November 2016.
Here are the links to the Plan Review 2016: http://www.withernseabiglocal.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Big-Local-Withernsea-Plan-Review.pdf
and Big Local Annual Report 2016: http://www.withernseabiglocal.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/WBL-Annual-Report-15-16-FINAL.pdf
This Review is in two parts: Part One is a summary of activities carried out during the second year of the Plan (19th May 2016 to 31st May 2017). Part Two focusses on the learning and is informed by a Steering Group workshop held on 20th April 2017 when members considered the nine questions posed by Local Trust as the foundation of the Review process, and progress against the four national Big Local Outcomes.
1. What have you done against what was in the plan?
2. What money have you spent?
3. What impact have you had?
4. What have you learned?
5. Have you progressed on your vision and priorities?
6. Do you need to refresh your vision and priorities?
7. How do your refreshed vision and priorities relate to the achievement of the Big Local outcomes?
8. Do you need a new or revised plan, or will you carry on with the existing plan?
9. How do you know this is what your community wants?
Combining the constructive feedback by Local Trust on the Review and building on lessons learned over the past two years Withernsea Big Local Steering Group have included the following areas for improvement:
• Actively engage the Withernsea community, community groups, voluntary organisations and partners to understand the issues which affect local people’s lives
• Support people to assess local needs, set goals and respond to problems through active participation, learning and development
• Work in partnership to successfully implement, deliver and communicate about Withernsea Big Local and our Plan
• Explore and develop sustainable income streams that will support community initiatives and economic development